Adam Sulmicki wrote:

I think the geode+ddr that you are referring to is the
AMD Geode GX2. It's being sold in India (typically
together with broadband packages) as the basis for a
low cost computer called the AMD PIC. It's priced at
USD$185 without a monitor and has DDR330 128MB RAM,
10GB hdd, audio, [EMAIL PROTECTED] video. It's a 400MHz
part, the GX533 label, I think comes from it's
"equivalent performance" measurement.

and no ethernet, sigh.

The PIC is part of a marketing campaign called 50x15 "affordable Internet access and computing for 50 percent of the world population by the year 2015"

http://www.amd.com/us-en/ConnectivitySolutions/ProductInformation/0,,50_2330_12264,00.html

We've been approached at times to design similar platforms for the 3rd world. A x86 Linux machine with LinuxBIOS that also supports M$ with enough power to run basic apps (word processing, browser, MPEG etc.) and is real low cost <$100 and is as idiot proof as possible.

-Bari