On Jan 18, 2005, at 1:19 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

Greg Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On Jan 18, 2005, at 4:51 AM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

The only issue really is what format to use for serialization. I'm leaning
towards s-expressions for use with openbios. However, it's conceivable that
different serialzation methods could be provided for different payloads, though
probably not desirable.

Please note this problem has to pieces. Which information should we represent
and how should we represent it.

Devices on a motherboard are not necessarily connect as a tree. I have never
seen a tree structured schematic :) So the actual layout of the data is to some
extent secondary to the data structures we will use to represent that data.

So we need to drill down on that part as to how we represent logical devices
and how we represent the logical connections between them.

Eric

An arbitrary graph seems to be adding additional complexity that we don't really need. Do you have an example of where a tree won't actually suffice?

The nice thing about s-expressions is that it deals with both the structure and representation.

Greg