"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov> writes:

> we need a 'controlled shutdown' of the  cvs project so we can do a clean
> cut over to tla.
>
> Can we pick a day and time? midnight this saturday or some such? Do we all
> trust tla enough to go for it?

My final practical test is to merge with Stefan's tree.
We don't have any commit access setup so that would slow down a switch
over a little.

I would hedge our bets by archiving the current cvs tree for a little
while.

Once the primaries are up and running at a basic level i.e. everyone
is comfortable with checkout/commit on the main branch I don't have
a problem it.

> What stepan could do is an import, and at the same time we shut down
> commits to the cvs.
>
> Sound ok?

Roughly.  I have asked Stefan to tag cvs at the point he does his import
so if there are a few stray pieces flying around we should be ok.

Eric