Hi Seb,

Seb James wrote:
I see also that the Via Epia has been set up with LinuxBIOS and
etherboot on a 256 KByte bios. Has anyone yet added support for storing
the Linux kernel on a flash DOM on the IDE bus and using LinuxBIOS to
boot from that?
In work we use Linuxbios with an Etherboot payload to boot a Linux
kernel from a DOM on the IDE bus.

I believe Etherboot has all the support you need to boot from a disk, I
remember my coworker having to hack Etherboot to get it to boot a cramfs
image from the DOM. I've hacked Etherboot to boot a cramfs image from
nand flash connected to the IDE bus. Maybe the Etherboot people would be
interested in a patch for this?

--
William J Beksi                          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG Key Fingerprint = ED4B 32C3 69E6 C2B7 705C  263F CB2F 3253 E7E1 DB3B