[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ok, now you have proved that im no good at this kinda stuff, can you point me
> in the direction of some information as to how to dump the northbridge
> registers, and what the registers mean?

you're quite good at this kind of stuff. I suck at explaining things.

is you do this under linux:
lspci -xxx -s 0:0.0

you'll get a full north dump. Try to figure out how your code is setting
registers vs. how they are set. Use the manual to decode the bits.

> Also is this north or a south problem, the the system apears to hang only
> after it enters the code from the south files?

I am almost certain it is a north problem. The via northbridges have
proven to be tought to program, esp. since in some cases we put in
nominally correct values and the chip locks up.

> Or could it be that the settings passed to the north before the crash are the
> cause?

could be.

thanks

ron