I'm catching up on my reading, so there has been some delay since the last
post to this thread.

One of the reasons why the LinuxBios project seems so large is that it
attempts to satisfy the requirements of many different mother boards. Yet,
it has not come up with a machine that is easily available. I don't see
anything close to a desktop machine for the consumer yet.

Is there a good reason why a single, perhaps custom, motherboard running
LinuxBios would not be sufficient for, say, most desktop users ?
The chipset could be selected so that there are no hiding places. If the
Bios itself is socketed and replaceable, why should it not be a device that
could be instantly on ?

Ideally, an independent organization such as the FSF might certify a machine
that is completely open...and therefore trustworthy. It wouldn't need to be
backwards compatible with DOS nor would it run windows. It could skip
cutting-edge graphics so that there should be no NDAs. Is that possible ?

Thoughts ?