On 12/12/05, Ward Vandewege <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yhlu sent me an image to test, but I can't burn that as it is being seen as
not the correct size by flashrom.

Real size: 524288 bytes

flashrom:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom# ./flashrom -v -w
../../../s2881_linuxbios.rom
Calibrating delay loop... ok
No LinuxBIOS table found.
Enabling flash write on AMD8111...OK
Pm49FL004 found at physical address: 0xfff80000
Flash part is Pm49FL004
LinuxBIOS image size=262144
MANUFACTURER: Tyan
MAINBOARD ID: s2881
ERROR: This firmware image does not fit to this machine
Override with -m ifyou know exactly what you are doing.

so your linuxbios image size is 256KB, and your flash part is 512KB?

so ...

cat linuxbios.rom linuxbios.rom > 512k.rom
flash_rom -v -w 512k.rom

try that. It's a hack but if the linuxbios image is good it will work.

ron