Rajil Saraswat wrote:

>  I have a GVC external modem SF1156V/R21. I am not able to configure this >modem in
>linux. When i try to query this modem in kppp it returns all the ATI

is Ur modem being detected at all.

please mention the distro U are using... that way U can get distro
specific help.

easiest method:
U will most prob. have a utility called control-panel ( fire it up in X
)
choose the modem option... then U will have a dialog asking U to choose
the modem port ( Comm port 1 / 2 etc... these are called differntly
under linux.. but there is help ...start it and see.. It pretty user
friendly.

C'ya
Erle