Yep ... PCQuest always screws up. That's why they call it PCQLinux in the
first place. Supposedly *customized* for Indian users ... and it shows big
time!!! From what you are saying, it sounds like they took the base FC4 and
tried to spot upgrade only the major packages to bleeding edge.

I've got the last 6 years worth of CD's (I always buy the March issue) and
they are all broken in some major way. Probably the only useful Linux they
ever gave was a Debian Sarge (Dec04) which btw was a pristine
*un-Indianized* DVD. But I guess I'll still buy the next one - force of
habit ;-)

We have to give them some credit though. PCQLinux used to be a big thing
maybe 4-5 years ago when broadband connections where sparse and major
distro's were not so easily available. And it still serves as the
*initiation* system for countless new converts every year. It's just not
meant for the serious user anymore!!

- farazs
--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to