On Friday 29 December 2006 13:55, Vihan Pandey wrote:
> > Mono is a case in point. 3 yrs ago everyone thought why not.
> > After the Microvell deal only an insane person would use it.
>
> Question : How would the Microvell impact Mono in particular, even
> though it is GPL? This is a genuine curiosity, not an argument :-)

The GPL v2 does not explicitly require assignment of patented 
technology to a sublicencee for further downstream distribution.
So Patent holder licences patent to U the developer for development 
and use of code based on patent. U develops gpld software and 
distributes to Me. I can use it as per the gpl. I develop some more 
and distribute my code to lugger. Lugger cant use - he has not 
recieved patent rights cause i have no rights to reditribute the 
patented tech. I have only rights to use. Patent holder cant sue me. 
He can sue lugger. So lugger has to get licence from patent holder or 
cease and desist.

-- 
Rgds
JTD

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to