On 1/9/07, Devdas Bhagat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Define big. My employer is one of the bigger email hosting firms out
there (Yahoo!, Hotmail and AOL are the only ones bigger). If you mean
big as in number of employees, we are fairly small.
I guess popular is probably more apt. Again, popular in the Indian
market, like Wipro, TCS, Infy, etc.

The most "FOSS" friendly big Indian company I know of is Infosys at the
monment.
I'm actually not very sure about TCS's approach towards FOSS. I'm not
in a position to be sure as I have access only to a very small part of
the resource pool that it provides. I wouldn't stick my neck out and
say they're friendly/unfriendly towards FOSS since in comparison to
Infy (or for that matter anyone) they're very media-shy. Only now are
they actually coming out into the open especially since the IPO.


Regards,
Siddhesh
PS: Vihan, it's file since there's no point just putting my name into TLUG :)

--
Siddhesh Poyarekar
http://siddhesh.tk

--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to