On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Debarshi Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >> We work around it but is the BIOS not the culprit in such cases? I am
> >> not saying that GNU won't load on these machines.
>
> > GNU will not load on *any* machine - you need a kernel for that
>
> As a matter of fact, GNU *does* load, and I happen to use a couple of
> such machines.

You didn't get it,Kenneth is differentiating between GNU which is the
Application layer and Linux which is the kernel,but now let's not get into
flamewar territory.

I got only one entry:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dmesg|grep MSFT
[    0.000000] ACPI: DSDT (v001 ATI    AWRDACPI 0x00001000 MSFT 0x0100000e)
@ 0x00000000
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

What does that mean?

Regards,