<law...@au-kbc.org> wrote:
> > not so - they were arrested for photographing the Jamnagar
> > airforce base. In any situation if you go around photographing
> > military bases - especially in a place like Gujarat, you are
> > asking for trouble. When mapping, realise that the average
> > policeman/security guy is uneducated and unaware of modern
> > technology.
>
> What is so special about Gujarat? This is same for all places where
> Security guys and Policemen are not aware of modern technology.

BTW the education requirement is SSC for the cop on the beat. But what
amazes me is that the people incharge of security - including
services bosses - are such ignorants. Our enemies must be rolling
under their desks laughing. Blocking areas on googlemaps is
redflaging the area. Ofcourse our experts clean side step this by
blocking the wrong areas.
And far better sat imagery is COTS for amounts well within the reach
of terror groups. But they neednot spend too much. Get the coords of
the red flagged area and a few more not so flagged to avoid suspicion
(as though it matters) and pay peanuts for the small areas of
interest. Hmm. I suppose i am aiding terror with this post.

We had press reports that the cops had tapped into the terrorists
calls LIVE. They were using voip. It never occured to the cops to
spoof a call and feed suitable disinfo. Various police departments
are now falling over themselves to claim "credit" for  the pathetic
show.

--
Rgds
JTD