On Wednesday 31 Dec 2008 12:53:34 pm jtd wrote:
> And
> http://trolltech.com/products/appdev/licensing/licensing#qt-open-source-lic
>ense

this is a joke. If I modify or enhance QT - then they can compel me to
contribute such modifications to the community. But how can they compel me to
release software written using QT? and further compel me to release it under
the GPL only??

"The Open Source Edition is freely available for the development of Open
Source software governed by the GNU General Public License versions 2 and 3
(“GPL”)."

apparently this means that QT itself is not released under the GPL - the open
source edition is released to 'develop open source software governed by the
GPL ...'

So I cannot use that to develop software I release under, say, BSD license!.
So what license is QT released under?

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves