On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 06:45:38PM +0530, sameer shinde wrote:

>    But what if I have copied  Linux CD on my windows partition
>    & now  I want to install the linux from hard disk.
>    What should I do?
>    Is there something like setup or install in linux?

That sounds incredible ... a setup.exe, ie, a Windows executable, that
will install another operating system! I see no reason why that's not
possible, but I don't think anyone has tried doing something.

Generally you expect to boot into the installer when you are trying to
install a new operating system - with a floppy or a CD.

I think what you are looking for is a utility that will let you create
a bootable floppy from your Windows system, and then an installer that
can read packages from that partition, instead of from the hard-disk.

The old Anaconda with the non-GUI interface used to have something
like this, but I am not sure since I never used it. Worth a try,
though!

There was mention of an ISO image sitting on your drive. If that's the
case, look for some utility in Windows that will make it look like a 
"virtual drive" or something ...

Sameer.
-- 
   MTech Student,
   Reconfigurable Computing Lab,
   KReSIT, IIT-Bombay.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are we not men?


_______________________________________________
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to