Hi All,

My current setup is as follows :

PCQLinux 2004 (Fedora core 1)

Postfix installed from source code - postfix-2.0.19.tar.gz
Courier-IMAP - courier-imap-3.0.2-1.1
Squirrelmail - squirrelmail-1.4.2-1 rpm installation
OpenLDAP - openldap-2.1.22-8
Jamm - jamm-0.9.6
procmail-3.22-11 ( I am useing maildrop instead )

To install above i have used following link and done as per the
documentation :

http://jamm.sourceforge.net/howto/html/index.html

I have successfully configured Mail Server for virtual users and its
working nice.
I want to add disk quota functionality so that when the user logs in he
can able to see his/her quota consumption through squirrelmail ( all users
have squirrelmail access to check mails no shell account).

I have installed squirrelmail disk quota plugin to do this.

I was instructed to use following links to do so but i found those are not
 enough to have disk quota enabled for virtual users

1) http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html
2) http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=125

on above 1) link i couldnt understood where i have to specify "|
/usr/local/bin/deliverquota
 ./Maildir 1000000S" ( may be in main.cf ( home_mailbox )) in postfix or somewhere
else because the example shown there is for qmail.

I have Squirrelmail configured plugin using conf.pl
8 > and choosing plugin noto activated in my case 17 > s > q

I have compiled and installed maildrop (maildrop-1.6.3
) with following options

"./configure --prefix=/usr/local/maildrop --exec-prefix=/usr/local/maildrop
 --enable-maildirquota --enable-maildrop-uid=root --enable-maildrop-gid=mail
 --enable-restricted-trusted=0 --enable-trusted-users='mail' --enable-maildropldap
 --with-ldapconfig=/etc/maildrop/maildropldap.config --with-etcdir=/etc/maildrop"

make
make install-strip
make install-man

after compiling and installing maildrop it was suppose to create /etc/maildrop
 folder and put "maildropldap.config" file into but it
didnt, so i did tried compiling, installing maildrop twice but it didnt
worked, i created "/etc/maildrop/maildropldap.config" manually but still no use. This
is a sample maildropldap.conf to enable virtual users via LDAP in maildrop.

and this is my "postconf -n"

"alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = ldap:aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
home_mailbox = Maildir/
inet_interfaces = all
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
local_recipient_maps = ldap:accounts ldap:aliases
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mailbox_command = /usr/local/maildrop/bin/maildrop
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain, $transport_maps
mydomain = domain.tld
myhostname = subdomain.domain.tld
mynetworks = 192.168.0.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
mynetworks_style = subnet
myorigin = $mydomain
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = no
sample_directory = /etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
transport_maps = ldap:transport
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
virtual_alias_maps = ldap:accountsmap, ldap:aliases, ldap:domains, ldap:accounts,
 ldap:transport
virtual_gid_maps = static:103
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
virtual_mailbox_domains = ldap:domains
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:accounts
virtual_minimum_uid = 101
virtual_transport = maildrop
virtual_uid_maps = static:101"

As i figure out /etc/maildrop/maildroprc
 file is needed. then $HOME/.mailfilter ( i want to know the exact path to store
.mailfilter and what conetents it requires ) file gets checked for mail
dilivery. any step by step guide can be helpful to me enable quota feature to my
existing setup "postfix+openldap+squirrelmail+courier-imap".

I want to enable mail quota per user basis for all virtual accounts by using maildrop.

I have used maildrop and done some configurations and able to send mails to local
users thru another local users but i am not able to send mails to virtual users
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) message gets bounced and i get an error in maillog ( "Apr  4
20:20:02 domain2 postfix/pipe[10498]: 4B72316F8F8: to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
relay=maildrop, delay=0, status=bounced (user unknown. Command output: Invalid user
specified. )"

I really appriciate if someone could focus on this...

Regards,

Satpal