On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Anish Mohile <anishsmoh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Guys/Members,
>
> I am not sure if this is the list I should be mailing but anyways,
>
> I have an idea for developing a technology product and I am currently in
> the
> process of building a prototype.
>
> I need seed funding for this product.
>
> Can anyone tell me where can I get contacts to angel investors / investors
> /
> VC funds, etc...
>
> Any help would really be appreciated.
>

> PS: I plan to make some parts of the product open-source once things start
> clicking but that is still a long shot.
>
> Hope to hear from you soon.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Anish Mohile

A very good place with quick response.
http://www.mumbaiangels.com/

As someone on the list said, even Angels need a working prototype.
Its difficult to get money for ideas from Angels.
The best source is family & friends.

Once you have a product, then you will need Angle / seed funding to start
selling.
Once you have sales, then you need VC funding to take you global.

Just my 2 cents.

All the best.
Sans