Hello,

I tried out the Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit edition on my system and was amazed
at the new UI. It looks like a mix of Android, Apple and
Ubuntu-Netbook-Edition. The developers have thoughtfully eliminated the
horizontal bars and put the menu vertically on the left had side.
Nowadays with monitors short in height but stretched wide, there is
surplus space on the vertical sides. There is this new Libre-Office. I
wonder if there is some dispute with OOo? The Apple like feature is the
permanent menu bar that adapts into the open application's menu bar and
back after the application is closed. As time permits, I will install it
in my system.

--

Freedom is a shared resource. Take some, leave the rest for others.
Please trim your replies. Avoid cross posting to other lists.

Regards,

Rony.