On 07/07/16 16:26, Ian Munsie wrote:
We could probably use a dedicated error label for all the error paths
before the pci_dev_put in the main function so we don't need it in every
error path.

Yep, I've added that.

If we explicitly match the Vendor + Device ID we will also match the
networking functions, which we can't do, because before the mode switch
there *IS* a CAPI VSEC in one of the networking functions and our driver
would mistake it as a generic accelerator and try to initialise it. We
could add a comment to this effect to the PCI ID table.

We can match the vendor, device ID *and* class code - unfortunately there isn't a macro for this, which makes it a little bit less aesthetically pleasing, but I'm pretty sure this works.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about our current strategy of matching on all class 1200 devices (though if it weren't a CAPI device we'd bail very quickly...) - my quick grepping tells me we're one of a very small set of drivers in the kernel that uses PCI_DEVICE_CLASS.

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnel...@au1.ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited