On 07/24/2016 10:46 PM, Gavin Shan wrote:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 10:47:13AM +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
"Guilherme G. Piccoli" <gpicc...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

This is a very minor/trivial fix for the output of PCI address on EEH logs.
The PCI address on "OF node" field currently is using ":" as a separator
for the function, but the usual separator is ".". This patch changes the
separator for dot, so the PCI address is printed as usual.

No functional changes were introduced.

What consumes the log? Can it cope with us changing the formatting?

The log is printed by pr_warn() as part of the EEH kernel log. Also,
it's argument passed to RTAS call "ibm,slot-error-detail" and it's
put into the user data section of the RTAS call's output, which is
used by RTAS daemon (rtasd) then. I don't see anyone expects fixed
format for it in the user data section.

The format was ever adjusted in commit 0ed352dddbfc ("powerpc/eeh:
Reduce lines of log dump") on Jul 17 2014. No complains received
against it so far. I guess nobody cares about the format or there
is a alarm isn't raised yet :)

Thanks,
Gavin

Quick follow-up on this: RTAS daemon stores the information captured via ibm,slot-error-detail in a log file, which can be accessed using the command "rtas_dump -f /var/log/platform". More information on this can be found in https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/liaau/liaau-diagnosing-rtas-events.htm .

I was able to check this log and the EEH PCI address output was there, in ascii text format.

Thanks,

Guilherme