On 3/23/19 1:27 PM, Joe Lawrence wrote:
On 03/23/2019 12:17 PM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 09:19:50 -0400
Joe Lawrence <joe.lawre...@redhat.com> wrote:

Perhaps this is gcc version specific?  I didn't see any other reports,
so maybe its specific to my config.  If I run make V=1, I can see that
gcc is called with '-pg -mprofile-kernel', but then the record_mcount
script is skipped.  Any ideas?

But you see it running the script if you remove that commit? Do you
happen to see -mrecord-mcount at all in a V=1 make?

See entire make output from the two runs here:
http://people.redhat.com/~jolawren/ppc64le-mprofile/

Mystery solved! That other commit inadvertently added a trailing space to CC_FLAGS_FTRACE, which then confused the findstring call in the cmd_record_mcount Makefile function.

Workaround patch just posted ... kbuild experts can suggest better fixes if that one is sub optimal.

Thanks,

-- Joe