On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 03:29:39PM +1000, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
Okay. It might be possible to save the address in the kernel and
then notify the driver afterward. For user-mode and any non-atomic
user copy AFAIK the irq_work should practically run synchronously
after the machine check returns so it might be enough to have a
notifier in the irq work processing.

We can pick up this thread later, but if I remember correctly the sticking point we ran into was that we never got that far. Instead of returning from the MCE, we went down the fatal codepath.

--
Reza Arbab