Timur Tabi wrote:
Scott Wood wrote:
A clock-frequency property is OK, and is in line with what we do in other types of nodes. However, in the long run it might be nice to introduce some sort of clock binding where, for example, the i2c node can point to a clock elsewhere in the device tree as an input clock.

The only problem with that is that the actual input clock to the I2C device is
not the same as any other device.  It's a unique clock.  Look at the code I had
to write to figure out this clock just on 85xx:

IIRC, only the divider is unique, and the divider that is applied to the input clock can be specified in the i2c node (either implicitly in compatible, or explicitly via a property).

-Scott