John Rigby wrote:
As I type this I'm coming to like the primary flag more and more.
I'm willing to change it to 'fsl,primary-pci-bridge' though I don't
really agree with your argument against the generic name.  It is in
the context of an 'fsl,pci-whatever' node so it does not have to be
specific.

It *does* have to be specific; what if "primary" comes to mean something
else in a broader context?

And maybe generic is good, a universal generic solution would be to
require all primary pci nodes to have the property then pci_process_bridge_OF_ranges could get it out of the device node
instead of having it passed in.

The "universal generic solution" would be to encode legacy I/O devices in the device tree, and fix Linux to not assume that they're all on one bus.

If we must have a property, how about something like "pci-legacy-io"?

-Scott