On 7/1/24 11:22, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
On Fri, 2024-06-28 at 17:00 +0200, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
Leemhuis) wrote:
[CCing the regression list]

On 20.06.24 00:34, Stefan Berger wrote:
Jarkko,
   are you ok with this patch?

Hmmm, hope I did not miss anythng, but looks like nothing happened for
about 10 days here. Hence:

Jarkko, looks like some feedback from your side really would help to
find a path to get this regression resolved before 6.10 is released.

Sorry for latency, and except a bit more slow phase also during
July because I'm most of this month on Holiday, except taking care
6.11 release.

This really is a bug in the HMAC code not in the IBM driver as
it should not break because of a new feature, i.e. this is only
correct conclusions, give the "no regressions" rule.

Since HMAC is by default only for x86_64 and it does not break
defconfig's, we should take time and fix the actual issue.

It was enabled it on my ppc64 system after a git pull -- at least I did not enable it explicitly. Besides that others can enable it on any arch unless you now change the 'default x86_64' to a 'depends x86_64' iiuc otherwise the usage of a Fixes: , as I used in my patch, would be justified.

config TCG_TPM2_HMAC
        bool "Use HMAC and encrypted transactions on the TPM bus"
        default X86_64
        select CRYPTO_ECDH
        select CRYPTO_LIB_AESCFB
        select CRYPTO_LIB_SHA256