On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

I would like these patches to be ported forward to mainline, and I can
put some time in this, but I'ld rather first know what the Freescale
status on the patches is?

John, Stuart, could you please check if there is ongoing work in
Freescale? I hate double efforts when I'm short on time :-) Thanks.

Leon (I also work @ FSL) and we don't have any work going on right now to cleanup the PCIe patches.

The reason they aren't in the kernel is the mechanism used to do PCIe config cycles is not acceptable for kernel.org. The issue is that the code ioremaps a huge address space (128M if I remember). The code should look at doing a sliding window and only use 4k of address space.

- k