Hi everybody,

our hardware engineer asked me to make sure all unused GPIO pins are configured
as outputs to avoid floating inputs. He got theory on his side (floating inputs
can lead to higher current consumption, metastability or even permanent
damage), but I'd like to ask the list for practical feedback.

I haven't been able to find any mention of floating input protection in the
MPC8248 documents. Has anyone here experienced issues with floating inputs in
real-life designs ? Do you setup your board with all unused GPIO pins
configured as outputs ?

Best regards,

--
Laurent Pinchart