Hi Michal.

On 9/17/26 7:45 PM, Shrikanth Hegde wrote:

Hi Michal,


Give it a try.

I am suspecting both lockup, stack corruptions are secondary symptoms here.
While recreate, I have different type of traces.

Yes, it does work for the crash I see.

Thanks. Give me sometime to see further on that. Didn't get any time today.

This is going to be the fix IMO. It passes all the recreates i have as of now.
(Please ignore the whitespace mangling if any)

Let me write changelog and send it across.
---

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace_entry.S 
b/arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace_entry.S
index 6599fe3c6234..54c8727b48cd 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace_entry.S
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace_entry.S
@@ -220,7 +220,9 @@
/* Restore gprs */
        .if \allregs == 1
-       REST_GPRS(2, 31, r1)
+       REST_GPRS(2, 12, r1)
+       /* Do not restore a stale PACA pointer if the task migrated */
+       REST_GPRS(14, 31, r1)
        .else
        REST_GPRS(3, 10, r1)
 #if defined(CONFIG_LIVEPATCH_64) || defined(CONFIG_PPC_FTRACE_OUT_OF_LINE)

Reply via email to