On 9/25/26 12:01 PM, Dave Marquardt wrote:
This code change is good. But I noticed another thing that's a pretty
minor bug of useless code just after this:

        rc = -ENOMEM;

rc isn't used in that code path after it is set. Is there some reason I
do not understand to have this here?

Yeah, that |rc = -ENOMEM| at line 728 is dead — set right before |return 0| and never read again. Pre-existing junk. |d43732| set it for the bounce alloc that used to run next. |d6832| moved the TX LTB earlier and dropped the bounce, but left the line. After |request_irq| succeeds we replenish, start TX, and return 0.

It's harmless (not user-visible) — I prefer leaving it out of this Fixes and letting the MQ series clean it up naturally when it rewrites that whole open() path. But fine to respin a new version if desired.

Thanks for the review.

Mingming


Reply via email to