On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 12:55:34PM +0200, Christophe Leroy (CS GROUP) wrote: > Le 26/09/2026 à 12:02, Jason A. Donenfeld a écrit : > > Apparently not on RISCV, which is what prompted this patch in the first > > place. So I suspect Nathan's v2 here is the way to go. > > > Don't you have -fno-builtin on RISCV like we have on powerpc ? > > Or is it clang that is missing this option ?
Yes, clang has -fno-builtin but as I mention in the commit message, that may not always stop the compiler from generating calls to memset(), which it is allowed to do even with -ffreestanding (which implies -fno-builtin) per GCC's documentation. -fno-builtin with GCC < 14 just happens to avoid generating memset() for memset_inline() in all of my tests, hence why I went with this approach as suggested by Jason. -- Cheers, Nathan
