On 10/27/11 21:11, Scott Wood wrote:
On 10/27/2011 03:43 AM, Suzuki Poulose wrote:
On 10/27/11 00:46, Scott Wood wrote:
On 10/26/2011 02:12 PM, Suzuki Poulose wrote:
I have renamed the new type of relocation to RELOCATABLE_PPC32_PIE. The
patches
were posted yesterday. Please let me know your thoughts.

I think it would make more sense to rename the existing behavior (maybe
something like DYNAMIC_MEMSTART -- if there's even enough overhead to
make it worth being configurable at all), since it's not fully
relocatable and since 64-bit already uses RELOCATABLE to mean PIE.

I think leaving the current behaviour as it is, and adding the PIE as an
additional configuration option would be safe and wouldn't disturb the
existing dependencies.

That's how things grow to be an unmaintainable mess.  AFAICT, what
you're doing is the same as what 64-bit does for RELOCATABLE.  If
they're doing the same thing, they should be called the same thing.
Whereas 64-bit and e500 are currently doing different things for
RELOCATABLE -- so they should be called different things.

OK. Agreed. I will resend the patches with the change.

Thanks
Suzuki