On 06/01/2013 07:07:20 PM, Kevin Hao wrote:
On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 09:47:16PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-06-01 at 18:59 +0800, Kevin Hao wrote:
>
> > The effect of this change is that the isa_io_base will be 0 and the IO > > resource are equal to the virtual address of the IO space. But the IO > > functions such as outx/inx should work as well. This is why I ask the > > above question. What do you think about this? Are there any subtle bugs
> > that will be triggered by this?
>
> I don't see any obvious reason why that wouldn't work but like anything
> in that area, it needs a bit of testing & hammering to be sure ;-)

Agreed.

Please include QEMU in your testing, as that was where breakage was observed that caused us to add the default primary.

> In fact it would work on pmac32 as well since those generally don't have
> legacy crap either.
>
> So I have no fundamental objection, it just needs testing. My worry is > that we need to make sure we don't break old chrp and I don't have any
> to test with.

Don't worry, my patch just drop the picking of primary bus for several
fsl boards. All these changes are in board specific file, so it should
have no affect to other boards at all.

Is anything actually fixed by this?

-Scott