On Fri, 2015-01-16 at 13:28 +1300, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:
> On 01/16/2015 02:22 AM, Preeti U Murthy wrote:
> > Hi Alexey,
> >
> > Can you let me know if the following patch fixes the issue for you ?
> > It did for us on one of our machines that we were investigating on.
>
> This fixes the issue for me as well, thanks!
>
> Tested-by: Alexey Kardashevskiy <a...@ozlabs.ru>

OK, that's great.

But, I really don't think we can ask upstream to merge this patch to generic
code when we don't have a good explanation for why it's necessary. At least I'm
not going to ask anyone to do that :)

So Pretti can you either write a 100% convincing explanation of why this patch
is correct in the general case, or (preferably) do some more investigating to
work out what Alexey's bug actually is.

cheers