In this patch,

http://repository.timesys.com/buildsources/k/kernel/kernel-2.6.32/2.6.32-fsl-p1022ds-201003260230.patch

The SMP code is different from what's upstream. It looks like Freescale may have changed the way SMP info is passed from the bootloader to the kernel.

Unfortunately, Cisco release a product with a bootloader which conforms to what's in the patch above. Newer kernels don't initialize smp using our bootloader.

I'm wondering if maybe I'm missing something here, and the smp initialization is actually the same, or if there's some fall back which is compatible? If not, then what's the best way to integrate this old method into what's already upstream?

Thanks,

Daniel