Jaap-Jan,

I'm not booting from flash. The kernel is loaded using bootp and
the rootfs is mounted over NFS. Flash is not needed for the boot
process at all. Fact is, that the mpc5200 watchdog timer
does not work, if I have written something to flash while runtime of
the system. If I have not, the reboot, which uses the watchdog,
performs OK.
On the other hand I would expect that the MTD package should
know how to handle an Intel Strataflash.

Arno