Hello, Wang Baohua!

FCG WANG Baohua wrote:
> Dear all:
>   I had use the UPM of MPC8270 to create the device driver of my pcmcia CF
> card.

Just an idea: There are IDE-to-CF adapters and PCI-IDE adapters with working
drivers.
(for evaluation)

> How to create the "/dev/hda" device nodes? I had only "/dev/ide" device nodes,
> I want to use command like  "mkswap /dev/hda4".
> When I use "mkswap /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1p4",
> it shows the "No such file or directory" message. How can I create
> the right device nodes? thanks!

man mknod?

But maybe you want to read some more things about devfs, udev, ...
/etc/devfsd.conf
before you know what you are doing there?
Well... all that depends on your kernel/system config a bit...

Best greets,

--
Clemens Koller

http://www.anagramm.de