On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 03:32:59PM -0700, pravin wrote:
> Hi All,
>   I build uboot1.1.4 for ocotea_config  and run on an ocotea without SPD on
> DIMMS (SDRAM) and  It works. We manufactured another board derived from
> Ocotea Ref design, 440GX processor and on baord SDRAM (DIMMS) 256MB discrete
> parts. I use the same Uboot1.1.4 for this board. It boots upto calling the
>
>   relocate_code in cpu/ppc4xx/start.S and hangs. The same code works well on
> Ocotea. I run the memory tests and it passed all.
>
>   Any idea why this could hang and never finish the relocate_code function.
> Trying relocating Uboot to SDRAM memory to get the C environment and run from
> memory.
>
>   Any help would be appreciated. Any idea if i need any special code because
> of the discrete parts of SDRAM on our board.

You can use Ocotea code (kernel and/or U-Boot) as-is for your board
only in one case - your board is _identical_ to Ocotea.

I doubt that this is the case, so you have to modify U-Boot and/or
kernel board support code to accommodate any differences between Ocotea
and your design.

Start with asking your hardware people about such differences.

--
Eugene