        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Duy-Ky
Nguyen
        Sent: 2008?7?16? 8:59 AM
        To: linuxppc-embedded@ozlabs.org
        Subject: Failure of request_irq() for MPC8313 using arch=powerpc

        Hello,

        I had no problem in using request_irq() for MPC8272 with arch=ppc from
Montavista Linux

        But I have failure for MPC8313 with arch=powerpc from FreeScale LTIB
Linux with error code -38

        I found its header file mpc83xx.h under include/asm-ppc, while it's
supposed to be under include/asm-powerpc.

        I did try to copy the header file to directory asm-powerpc

        From MPC8313 datasheet, I have

        GPIO_IRQ = 74

        and I use

        DEVICE_NAME = "ppc"
        IRQ_FLAG = IRQF_SHARED    // use new flag
        here my function call

        request_irq (GPIO_IRQ,
              ppc_ISR,
              IRQ_FLAG,
              DEVICE_NAME,
              NULL);

        I'd appreciate any help on this problem.

        Best Regards,

        Duy-Kyng