Misbah khan ha scritto:
This i am not very sure with  :-
Can we allocate 9MB using vmalloc and assure it to be low memory and not
highmem ?

Why do you need only low memory? And why do you need to allocate memory? If I understood correctly you need only to "ioremap" a chunk of memory.

can we ioremap 9 MB SDRAM to kernel virtual ?

Yep.

can we use vmalloc and do mmap to that allocated memory ,if the pages are
not continues then is it going to concern mapping to user space ?

The "contiguous" problem is related only to DMA operations.

---Misbah <><