Hi, Stefan

Stefan Roese wrote:
Felix,

On Wednesday 15 October 2008, Felix Radensky wrote:
The interrupt is connected to GPIO 45. U-Boot (1.3.4) configures this
pin as external interrupt 12 (interrupt 20 in UIC 3). I've added the
following
entry to board device tree (in opb section)

[EMAIL PROTECTED],0 {
    device_type = "cpld";
    interrupts = <20 1>;
Is this interrupt active on rising edge? This is what you have configured
here. When you need level, active low, then you need to write:

     interrupts = <20 8>;

And be careful which dts version you are using. Is this 20 decimal or
hex?
The interrupt is indeed level, active low. Where can I find information
on UIC
interrupt settings for device tree ?

Not sure if this is really documented. Those values are from include/asm-ppc/irq.h:

#define IRQ_TYPE_NONE 0x00000000 /* Default, unspecified type */
#define IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_RISING    0x00000001      /* Edge rising type */
#define IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_FALLING   0x00000002      /* Edge falling type */
#define IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_BOTH (IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_FALLING | IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_RISING)
#define IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH     0x00000004      /* Level high type */
#define IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW      0x00000008      /* Level low type */

Thanks for clarification. I was looking at booting-without-of.txt and took my number
from there.
I'm using dtc 1.2.0, 20 is decimal. Is it ok ?

This doesn't really depend on the dtc version but on the version of the dts file itself. Is your dts a v1 dts file? Do you have this in your dts:

/dts-v1/;

?

If yes, then you have a v1 dts file and all number without 0x are decimal numbers. Then the "20" is correct for ext IRQ 12. If not then this number is hex and you should write "14" instead.

Bingo !!! That was my problem. I've started getting interrupts after changing the irq
number to 14.

Thanks a lot !!! Your answers are great as always.

Felix.