Jyotshna Cherukuri wrote:
Bytes transferred = 12288 (3000 hex)
=> bootm 400000 - 800000
## Booting image at 00400000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.25
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1624845 Bytes =  1.5 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Booting using the fdt at 0x800000

And Then it stops. The board doesn't print anything else. Can anyone please help me to whats going on and to what I need to enable to see some debug info on the serial port ( minicom in my case ).

P.S : I did enable all the early level debugging in the kernel but yet I dont see anything on the console.

Make sure that CONFIG_PPC_EARLY_DEBUG_CPM_ADDR is set properly for u-boot; it probably wants 0xf0000088. The default vaule corresponds to cuImage.

If that doens't help, try booting the cuImage (without passing a device tree from u-boot); it's what I tested with as there was no device tree aware u-boot for this board at the time. If that works and uImage doesn't, then there may be a mismatch between what u-boot is setting up in the device tree and what the kernel expects.

-Scott