On Thu, 2015-01-15 at 12:42 +0100, Richard Cochran wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:03:42PM +0000, Keller, Jacob E wrote:
> >
> > I can look at this though it will take a lot more real time since I have
> > less to dedicate to it. But I am interested in solving this.
>
> If you are agreeable, then I would say let's take the extra time to do
> it right.  We just cut a release, and so there is no rush.

Makes sense. Partly why I waited to submit code since I didn't think
what I had was ready yet.

> > What about section settings for things like the per-adapter stuff? This
> > is where it got really complicated.
>
> Yup, also for per-port defaults, we need to put on our thinking caps,
> but it shouldn't mean rocket science.

Ya. I think I have a solution for this.

> > Other question I have regarding this, is should we share options between
> > programs? I think this is ok, because in reality if you *need* differing
> > options for each program you can just use a separate file.
>
> Agreed. Most or even all relevant options (eg domain number) can be
> shared between ptp4l, phc2sys, and pmc.  I can't think of any option
> that can't be shared, but maybe we'll find one along the way.

Well plenty of options are specific to ptp4l and don't really apply to
other programs. Some options that affect verbosity might be the ones
which people could want differing values for each program. In either
case I think the correct answer is "use separate config files if you
need separate values". This is the easiest and cleanest way.

> Thanks,
> Richard

Thanks,
Jake