I did try something like this at one time, but was unsuccessful
 Unfortunately, I don't remember any details.  My device has a P2020
processor with two gianfar interfaces.  Both interfaces share the same
actual clock.  (Seems like that could be used nicely as a boundary clock,
with one nic being the slave to some other master and servoing the hw
clock, and the other nic running as master for other downstream slaves).

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm very interested in seeing this
working.

-Dale