On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 12:30:39PM +0200, Burkhard Ilsen wrote:
> Alright then, I fixed it.

We want to review your patches, and for that we need to also quote
them in replies.  Can you please teach your mailer to send plain text,
or use a different mailer?

Once, when I was forced to use Outlook/Exchange at work, I started
using Gmail to send out kernel patches.  Using Gmail via imaps works
well enough, but the Gmail web interface doesn't work for patches.

I use mutt as the reader and can share config options if you want.

For posting patches, you can use git send-mail directly, for example:

git format-patch \
        --subject-prefix="PATCH" \
        --output-directory ./patches/myseries \
        --numbered \
        --thread=shallow \
        --cover-letter \
        master..

git send-email \
        --to="<linuxptp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>" \
        --cc="<someb...@host.de>" \
        --suppress-cc=self \
        --smtp-server=smtp.gmail.com --smtp-server-port=587
--smtp-encryption=tls \
        --smtp-user=richardcochran --smtp-pass=xxxxxxxx \
        --no-thread --no-format-patch \
        --dry-run \
        ./patches/myseries

(I always do --dry-run first in order to check the subject and the CC fields.)

Thanks,
Richard