Do you know the packet rate for Tx packets? (How often is it requesting
timestamps)? There was a recent-ish problem I believe we fixed but it appears
to be in 4.13: 5012863b7347 ("e1000e: fix race condition around
skb_tstamp_tx()", 2017-06-06), but that definitely should be in the 4.13
kernel..

There should also be statistics you can check in ethtool stats on the device.
Could you try checking if tx_hwtstamp_timeouts is incrementing? Also whether
tx_hwtstamp_skipped?

Thanks,
Jake