Am 04.12.18 um 19:54 schrieb Keller, Jacob E:
-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Behn [mailto:thomas.b...@meinberg.de]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2018 12:46 AM
To: Keller, Jacob E <jacob.e.kel...@intel.com>;
linuxptp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Linuxptp-devel] PHC delay when calling clock_gettime
Ah. Ok. From the sound of the original statement it sounded like you were
developing your own hardware.

I suspect that there is a work around in the 82579V NIC that causes this, but I
don't know offhand. I'll have to go dig a bit, the e1000e driver isn't one I
worked on much myself.

Thanks,
Jake

Thanks again for your help!

In case this really is caused by a work around in the 82579V, are there other NICs, which have similar impairments? I am asking, because I want to make my implementation as robust as possible for all kinds of hardware.

Thanks,
Thomas