On 16 Mar 2021 at 11:25, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

> In the Intel's igc driver I saw few SYNCE registers defined,
> but no code using them.

Whoa. igc ? oh there's an i225... didn't know about this one, thanks
for the pointer, this definitely looks promising :-)
Looks like a successor to the i210 generation.

If I read the gossip correctly, the first generation of i225 are in
circulation on some gaming motherboards from the first half of 2020,
and have a hardware bug, something to do with the inter-packet gap.

https://www.techpowerup.com/266335/intel-i225-foxville-2-5gbe-phy-has-
a-flaw-affecting-performance-rocket-lake-s-2h-2020-production-confirme

A version 2 of the silicon, supposedly produced since Q4/2020, has
this bug fixed. There's no public datasheet, just a data brief and a
spec update (a list of SKU's + the erratum for v1 inter-packet gap
bug.)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/products-and-solutions/
networking-and-io/ethernet-controller-i225/technical-library.html

And, I can actually see a stand-alone PCI-e board mentioned at
ark.intel.com - the i225-T1 :
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/211808/intel-ethe
rnet-network-adapter-i225-t1.html

I cannot see this in the price lists at disties yet, will keep an eye
on that one :-) The board may surface sooner from HP, Lenovo or
Dell... There are no photoes yet - I'm curious if it has an SDP pin
header, similar to the i210-T1.

And this one looks cool too:
http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/Peripheral/PCI%20Express%20mini%20ca
rd/MPX-225.HTM