Hi,

Using Miroslav's linuxptp-testsuite we can run a simulated HIL in github
itself.
For example, I run a github action to check the libptpmgmt library.
I use ptp4l with a dummy clock and run it in github.
https://github.com/erezgeva/libptpmgmt/actions/runs/5231114517/jobs/9445059543

I do not suggest passing testing with real hardware and manuals for
the changes we do.
Using github action allows developers to do some basic smoke tests to
ensure they did not break too much.

Erez