On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 06:26:05PM -0400, Kishen Maloor wrote:

> 'cmlds_clockIdentity': This global setting assigns a CMLDS
> clockIdentity to be used by a ptp4l instance on a PTP node that exposes
> CMLDS over one or more links.

Don't really need this.  I know it is specified in 1588, but it is
never exposed in any way, and so please omit it.

> 'run_cmlds': This per-port setting (0/1) declares that a port
> will perform the role of a CMLDS Link Port (IEEE 1588, clause 16.6.1)
> and execute CMLDS Pdelay transactions to conduct link
> delay measurements and further convey those measurements to other
> PTP instances on its node via MID_CMLDS_INFO_NP. Said another way,
> this port will expose CMLDS.

This isn't needed.  Just let every every ptp4l instance publish the
TLV for each port not using DM_COMMON_P2P via its UDS port.  This
should be automatic.

> 'cmlds_portNumber': This per-port setting in a PTP instance
> specifies the CMLDS Link Port portNumber.

Again this is useless.  Please drop it.

> 'cmlds_uds_address': This per-port setting in ptp4l instances specifies
> the 'uds_address' of a ptp4l instance on the PTP node that exposes the
> CMLDS. A port which employs the COMMON_P2P delay mechanism would
> communicate with the CMLDS over the UDS.

This option is needed.

But you need one more option: the port index of the ptp4l instance
which reports the TLV.  Maybe something like "cmlds_port_index" ?

Thanks,
Richard