Hi,

I would like to use the one-shot alarm feature of the PHC on an i.MX6. The
i.MX6 hardware can support this, but I notice it’s not supported by the
Freescale/NXP drivers.

testptp -c reports 0 programmable alarms, and the source code confirms this.

I have been looking through the Freescale fec driver sources and linux kernel
sources with a view to implementing this, but came up against a block because
at the kernel level struct ptp_clock_info (ptp_clock_kernel.h) doesn’t contain
a function pointer for a ‘set one shot timer’ function, and
drivers/ptp/ptp_clock.c doesn’t seem to do anything with the PTP_CLOCK_ALARM
event anyway (the ptp_clock_event function just has a stubbed switch statement
for PTP_CLOCK_ALARM).

So my questions:
- is the one-shot alarm functionality of the PHC actually implemented in any
driver?
- how can I implement this in the freescale FEC driver without having to modify
the kernel? (ptp_clock_kernel.h and drivers/ptp/ptp_clock.c)

Hopefully I’m missing something and there is a simple way to get the alarm
functionality working.

Thanks,

Kieran.